One Day on Earth

The World's Story is Yours to Tell

How many will shoot DOF, will you use  the HD to make it pop or use a superflat method to give it a 24fps 35mm look?

Views: 45

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure I follow you?

"How many will shoot DOF," What do you mean, assuming DOF means Depth Of Field, that's an adjective describing the in-focus range of a shot and it changes depending on the f-stop. And, HD is HD, not because it pops, it's a defined resolution and bitrate. Making a shot pop to be more flat is determined on in-camera settings and post NLE effects. I would like to know if they want 24fps or 29.97fps. Sorry, I'm really just not following you questions.
well DOF is my speciality !
">
Please be more descriptive...
What do you mean with DOF in your question?
I will probably have some nice shot with little DOF using my white 70-200 Canon zoom lens... but i don't catch the connection between DOF and frame rate...
What is a "superflat method"...
googleling i found nothing...
??
let's give us more details :)
'shoot DOF' I guess is short had for shooting shallow Depth of Field - personally I only shoot f2.8 or less when I want to isolate something very specific in a shoot

'super flat' refers to setting the picture style of your camera with a lot of the settings turned all the way down in your custom pictures style (contrast, saturation and sharpness especially) so you can grade the video manually after the fact: http://eugenia.queru.com/2010/01/25/flatting-the-flat-look/
well..I try to set up the camera as I want to see the picture in post. So far the quality has been amazing. Of course with grading, it'll be better but I'll just show it as it is. More hmmm original..:-)

RSS

Events

© 2024   Created by One Day On Earth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service